Monday 15 October 2007

A Tale of Two Gigs

Isn't it funny how two gigs just a few miles from each other on the same weekend can be so different?
This weekend I was booked to do two Ladies' Nights in Cambridgeshire. The first one on Friday had already been postponed from August and I told the Agent that I wouldn't accept another postponement (I had heard from a friend that ticket sales were slow to non-existent). The Agent phoned the organiser and was assured that ticket sales were brisk and it would not be cancelled under any circumstances this time. As it turned out there were just 20 girls in a venue that could hold 200+!! Very disappointing.
Saturday was the complete opposite. 100+ screaming women in a capacity venue with great facilities, very cheap alcohol and a good attitude. It was one of those nights when I was being applauded merely for walking onstage. They clapped every routine and laughed at all my jokes. What more can an ageing drag queen ask for? Thank you, St Neots xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment